Fundamentals: Core Concepts and Eligibility Requirements Resources
Original Publication Date: June 26, 2017
Last Updated: April 1, 2023
Estimated Read Time: < 1 minutes
- Fadiman, Anne. The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down. New York: Farrar, Straus, Giroux, 1997.
- Mollica, Richard. Healing Invisible Wounds, New York: Harcourt, Inc., 2006.
- Ortiz, Sister Dianna, with Davis, Patricia. The Blindfold’s Eyes. Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, 2002.
- Services for Survivors of Torture Program, Office of Refugee Resettlement, “Torture Survivors Program (TSP) Eligibility Determination Guidance”: Eligibility_guidelines_ORR.pdf
- Florida Center for Survivors of Torture – Tool for eligibility determination: FCST Form 1685 Eligibility Determination.pdf
- Breaking the Silence: Torture survivors speak out, directed by Vallerir Richard Auzenne and Terry Coonan, available from TASSC
- Amnesty International – for country conditions
- Human Rights Watch– for country conditions
Understanding the Legal Definition of Torture – produced by NCB, see below card.
Lesson summary (Job Aid):
This is a one-page, quick reference for the lesson: Job Aid
Included in the eLearning:
Return to the Fundamentals E-Learning Series home page to continue on another lesson or from some of the lessons below.
WebinarWho Is a Torture Survivor: Understanding the Legal Definitions of Torture
E-LearningFundamentals: Core Concepts and Eligibility Requirements
E-LearningFundamentals: Cultural Competence
E-LearningFundamentals: Self Care
E-LearningFundamentals: Working With Interpreters