This e-consultation is the second part of a Measured Impact Webinar; it is part of the National Capacity Building project series of webinars. It was presented on July 26, 2017 and features Hawthorne Smith of the Bellevue/NYU Program for Survivors of Torture, James Lavalle of the Harvard Program in Refugee Trauma, and Sarah Holliday and Josepha Ntakirutimana, both with the International Rescue Committee, Tuscon, AZ.
This e-consultation follows the webinar on Group Work with Survivors of Torture: Engaging Communities. See that webinar for additional resources and learning objectives.
The discussion focuses on these questions and issues:
- How did your organization determine that you would implement group work?
- How did your organization determine what kinds of groups you would implement?
- What challenges have you encountered in implementing your group and how have you addressed them?
- What insights have you gained in doing group work?
- What are the challenges of doing Group work with SOTs in two languages?
- How do you evaluate your outcomes in Groups designed for SOTs?
Measures that were referenced in this session
Traumatic Brain Injury: