Torture treatment programs face unique fundraising challenges and opportunities in these competitive times.
In this webinar we will hear from two organizations - one a stand-alone program, and one that is embedded within a larger organization - about how torture treatment programs can meet challenges and take advantage of opportunities in the current fundraising climate.
Topics will include: what are the tools that can help you develop an effective fundraising program in your organization; what are the advantages and disadvantages of being a program embedded in a larger organization such as a hospital or community-based organization; what kind of revenue generation is appropriate for your organization; creating a fundraising culture at your organization.
1. Describe basic concepts related to fundraising at SOT organizations:
- operating funding and project funding
- restricted revenue vs. unrestricted revenue
- available fundraising tools
- components of a grant proposal
2. Connect fundraising concepts to their own organization’s needs:
- appropriate kinds of revenue generation
- appropriate staff and stakeholders to involve in fundraising efforts
- how to start writing a fundraising plan
- how to look at projects through different lenses to identify new funding
3. Outline key considerations related to fundraising within embedded programs:
- the concept of an “embedded program”
- advantages and disadvantages
- key fundraising strategies