Afghan Culture and Health Screening Considerations Monday
October 4, 2021 1:30 - 3 p.m. ET,12:30 - 2 p.m. CT, 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. MT, 10:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. PT
Click here to register for this free training Webex Registration.
- Understand the potential entry pathways and immigration standings of Afghan arrivals, including their impact on medical care/access
- List three required or recommended components of medical screening/care for Afghan arrivals
- Discuss potential health concerns for Afghan arrivals at the population level
- Identify at least three cultural considerations for a patient-provider interaction with Afghan arrival
- Emily Jentes, MPH, PhD, Domestic Team Lead; Immigrant, Refugee, and Migrant Health (IRMH) Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Ariana Anjaz Co-founder and Senior Director; Afghan Health Initiative (grassroots nonprofit addressing the social determinants of health of Afghan immigrant and refugee population in Greater Puget Sound, Washington)
- Patricia Walker, MD Senior Research Fellow; HealthPartners Institute Professor of Medicine; Department of Internal Medicine, University of Minnesota Faculty; Global Medicine, University of Minnesota Special Advisor to Board of Directors; American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Minnesota Medical Association and Minnesota Department of Health. The Minnesota Medical Association (MMA) is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Minnesota Medical Association designates this live internet activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Other participants will receive a proof of attendance document from MDH following completion of a post-webinar evaluation and are responsible for determining if this training meets CE criteria for their professional organization.
Click here to view their one-page flyer.