Cultural Competence and Working with Interpreters
Featured Speaker: Kelly Macias, PhD
Wednesday, March 13, 2019
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Owen Brown Interfaith Center
7246 Cradlerock Way
Columbia, MD 21045
Cultural Competence in Health and Human Services
- Explain the need for culturally responsive mental health services.
- Identify and utilize universal strategies for communicating across cultures.
- Prepare a cultural competence plan for the provision of mental health services.
How to Work with an Interpreter
- Discuss legal requirements and national standards for language access.
- Identify best practices to enhance language access.
- Distinguish between trained and untrained interpreters.
- Demonstrate effective skills for working with in-person, telephone and video interpreters.
Registration deadline: 3/6/2019.
To register, or for more information: click here.
Monday, 04 February 2019