The following is in-depth information specific to working with a particular population. If you'd like to request that we add content for a particular population, please use our Suggest Content form!
Affordable Care Act for refugees
The Office of Refugee Resettlement has put together a useful page on The Affordable Care Act & Refugees, including informational videos in:
For more information on and resources for new immigrant populations, see:
- Education & Support Group manual for facilitators working with Oromo refugees
- PTSD in Cambodian Refugees (webinar archived at Stanford school of medicine)
- Meeting the Healthcare Needs of American Muslims - from the Institute for Social Policy and Understanding
- the Cultural Orientation Resource Center, especially its cultural profiles
- the U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants
- GCJFCS' Country Condition Reports series
- Multicultural America, a useful quick reference to a number of immigrant populations in the United States
- The Rainbow Welcome is a new initiative supporting the resettlement of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and/or Transgender (LGBT) refugees and asylees. It has resources for people who provide services to that population, and for LGBT refugees and asylees themselves.